Giro Aether MIPS Fietshelm 2020 model
IMPACT IS EVERYTHING!
The Aether MIPS is the latest manifestation of the spirit in which Jim Gentes founded Giro in 1985. It’s the perfect example of our commitment to perpetually pushing for better. From the elegant silhouette of the Aether’s industrial design to how this helmet manages impact energy… it’s unlike any helmet ever created and a testament to Giro’s dedication to leading design and engineering of head protection. It took us nearly three years to work through the design and engineering challenges on this helmet. But this achievement is Giro at its best. It’s us flexing our design and engineering muscle to advance performance in head protection.
- Progressive Layering
- AURA Reinforcing Arch
- Nanobead™ EPS foam
- Eyeglass grippers
- CoolFit™ Anti-Microbial padding
- MIPS® Spherical
- Independent liners with spherical interface
- In-Mold construction with EPS liner and progressive layering
- Six-piece polycarbonate Hardbody™
- Roc Loc® 5+ Air
- 11 Wind Tunnel™ vents with internal channeling
- 255 g (Size M)
- S 51-55 cm, M 55-59 cm, L 59-63 cm
- A reimagined version of the MIPS Brain Protection System that eliminates the plastic slip plane of the original MIPS design.
- The stunning silhouette is created by merging six individual pieces of polycarbonate around a series of massive vents.
- The Aether utilizes multi-density EPS foam to save weight and help manage a wide range of impact energies.
AURA REINFORCING ARCH
- Structural integrity is bolstered by the shatter-resistant and translucent AURA reinforcing arch that runs throughout the helmet.
DEEP INTERNAL CHANNELING
- Combined with the massive vents, internal channeling forces air to flow over the scalp, providing remarkable cooling power.
EYEWEAR DOCKING PORTS
- Integrated eyewear docking ports with rubber grippers help to secure sunglasses.
ROC LOC® 5+ AIR
- In addition to retention adjustment on the ergonomic and compact dial, riders can adjust vertical positioning and tune the contact points asymmetrically.
NANOBEAD EPS FOAM
- To achieve a sleek and slim silhouette without compromising protection standards, the Aether utilizes a micro-bead expanded polystyrene.
- We laser-cut the polycarbonate shell, then press this single-piece logo into place from behind before permanently affixing the logo through the in-mold process.